The 5 Best Tanning Bed Lotions for Darkest Tan Possible in 2021
Choosing the right tanning lotion can be a challenge, especially if you are new to tanning. The methods of tanning inside and outside are very different.
For this reason, it is essential to choose a tanning lotion that supports your skin in the right environment. Indoor tanning lotions are specifically formulated for use in a tanning bed.
Many people prefer using tanning beds to achieve their perfect skin look and tone. Tanning beds lessen your exposure to harmful UV rays and make it easier to keep your skin moist and supple.
It is essential to pay attention to the ingredients in your tanning lotion. Some types should be spot-tested before you apply them to your whole body to ensure you won’t have an allergic reaction.
Types Of Indoor Tanning Lotion
There are three types of indoor tanning lotion: tingles, bronzers, and maximizers.
These affect your skin in different ways and have different levels of intensity. It is up to you to decide which of these work best for your skin. It may take a bit of trial and error until you find out which one is most comfortable and practical for you.
Best Tanning Lotion For Tanning Bed
So what are the best tanning lotions for indoor use on a tanning bed?
1. Our Top Choice: Tan Asz U Luau Island Black Bronzer
The Tan Asz U Bronzer helps you achieve a dark shade that looks beautiful and natural. The bronzer contains marula oil to dark skin tone while keeping your cells healthy.
If you have sensitive skin, you can rest easy — this formula is free of both DHA and parabens. It also contains silicone and special extracts to keep your skin comfortable and healthy.
Users love its delicate, lingering peach scent. You will notice a difference after just one application. Despite its effectiveness, it won’t dry your skin out or leave you feeling dehydrated.
- Results show after just one application
- Natural look
- Delicious scent
- Safe ingredients
- Make sure to wash your hands immediately after application, or it may turn them orange
- Some users report a burning sensation upon application
2. Brown Sugar Black Chocolate Coconut Cream 200X Bronzer
Brown Sugar Bronzer helps users achieve an intense dark tan no matter what shade their skin is. This bronzer moisturizes and protects your skin with argan oil and antioxidants while letting you achieve several shades darker than you usually could.
The tanning lotion smells like chocolate and coconut cream, a scent that lingers on your skin long after you finish in the tanning bed. Its intense coloring power will help you achieve a shade that is one to three times darker in just one tanning session.
- Achieves darker skin in just one tanning session
- Argan oil and antioxidants help protect skin in the tanning bed
- Rich, delicious smell
- Be careful to wash your hands well after using, or they may be stained orange
- Users should apply carefully to avoid over-tanning or streaking
3. Ed Hardy Hollywood Bronze Bronzer Tanning Lotion
The Ed Hardy Hollywood Bronzer is a gentle tanning lotion that keeps your skin moist without making it oily. This tanning lotion doesn’t have a burning or tingling sensation, which is a problem with many other tanning lotions. After using this lotion, you will have a beautiful, even tan and smooth skin.
This lotion offers a gradual, medium tan that develops over several hours. When it sets, you will have a natural, golden glow and moisturized, healthy skin. While this isn’t a lotion suited for people looking for an intense, over-the-top tan, it is perfect for those who want that gentle sun-kissed look.
- Keeps skin moist and soft
- Gentle tan that looks and feels natural
- No burning or tingling
- Be careful to apply evenly to avoid streaking, staining, or clumping
- Might not provide dark enough results for some users
- Tan may take a few hours to darken
4. Somewhere On a Beach Indoor Outdoor Instant Dark Tanning Lotion
Somewhere On a Beach Indoor Outdoor Instant Dark Tanning Lotion is a double-duty lotion that can be used either inside on a tanning bed or out on the sand.
This lotion has dozens of ingredients that keep your skin healthy, moisturized, and protected. It also contains anti-aging peptides that fight the damaging effects of the sun.
The result is a beautiful tan that also improves the health and hydration of your skin. With no DHA ingredients, this tanning lotion uses coconut and walnut oil to improve moisture.
This bronzer also ensures that your tan stays longer, reducing your risk of long-term skin problems since you won’t need to tan as often. It works best on people with light skin who do not already have a deep tan.
- Helps protect your long-term skin health
- Keeps skin moist and hydrated
- Contains anti-aging peptides
- Not suited for those with severe walnut allergies
- Not a good fit for those with darker skin tone
5. Ed Hardy Peace And Harmony Tanning Intensifier Bronzing Moisturizer Lotion
The Ed Hardy Peace And Harmony Tanning Intensifier Bronzing Moisturizer Lotion moisturizes and hydrates your skin without leaving any oily residue.
This lotion has components that stimulate the melanin in your skin, deepening your tan without using irritating ingredients. It is entirely free from gluten, oil, nuts, and paragons. That means almost anyone can use it safely.
You can use the lotion either inside on a tanning bed or outside on the beach. With a delicious, light smell, the bronzer helps intensify your tan without overwhelming you. Unlike many tanning lotions, it may work more effectively if you apply it after your tan.
- Effective tan intensifier
- Lightly scented
- Some people may dislike the scent
- Bottle only comes in one size
- May not be as effective if applied before tanning
Choosing the best tanning lotion for indoor use depends on your skin type, tone, and tanning goals. It is essential to review the information carefully before you buy, so you find one that not only works but nourishes your skin.